Certified metal roofing consultants, contractors and installers in Nebraska, Iowa, Southern Minnesota, South Dakota, Missouri, Kansas
Metal roofing dates back to the beginning of time. Over the years, metal roofing has protected some of the world’s greatest architectural treasures – from the Pantheon in Rome to Notre Dame in Paris. …And since then the benefits of metal roofing have been recognized by great architects around the world.
Academy Roofing is a Certified Metal Roofing Contractor headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska and has been installing metal roofing since 1998. If you’ve always loved the upscale design of a dimensional shingle, now is your chance. For the first time, you can have all the beauty of this distinctive style, reinforced by the strength and longevity of steel.
Metal roofing has been widely featured on national programs like CBS’s Early Show, Bob Vila’s Home Again and Michael Holigan’s Your New House. The residential market share for metal roofing has doubled in the past five years. Metal roofing is becoming so popular that your neighbors may already have it on their homes.
- Metal roofing will last as long as you own your home.
- Metal roofing will not catch fire, as compared with flammable
asphalt shingles, tar paper and wood.
- Metal roofing won’t crack, break, burn, curl, split or rot
- Metal roofing colors compliment the exterior details of any home
- Metal roofing is Impact Resistant, Lightweight, Non-Combustible Design (Class A Material) Class 4 Impact Resistance to UL2218 by Underwriters Laboratories (Highest Rating)
- Metal roofs are Walkable and have Low Maintenance
- Metal roofs are built for Long Life
- Metal shingles are Non-Porous and Freeze /Thaw Resistant
- Each metal roofing installation is custom-taylored to the building it is on.
- Some homeowners with metal roofing enjoy lower insurance rates because metal roofing is safer.
- Metal roofing comes with a 50 year written warranty that is transferable when you sell your home.
Metal roofing materials are a great alternative because not only are they light weight they are also very energy efficient. Unlike asphalt roofs, which require re-roofing between every 12 to 20 years, metal roofs will not decompose. These roofs can also withstand every weather condition Mother Nature has to offer.
Over time, these roofs save one a lot of money because there is no second investment in roof replacement. Metal roofs are practically maintenance free. All that is required is an occasional hosing down. Most metal roofs usually come with a 30 to 50 year warranty. Some insurance companies in certain states even offer discounts of up to 35 percent to homeowners with metal roofs.
– Danny Lipford, The Early Show
How Metal Roofing Keeps Cooling Costs Up to 23% Lower.
In the first study of its kind, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) sponsored a tightly controlled test project that compared commonly used residential roofing materials to evaluate their relationship to home cooling costs. The study showed that metal roofing controlled heat far better than asphalt shingles by dissipating the heat faster.
Read Full Article
When you install a metal roof on your home, you’ll receive a warranty for up to 50 years. This means you’re covered in the unlikely event anything should go wrong with your metal roof. You will get piece of mind that you won’t get from warranties on most other roofing products.
According to the National Association of Homebuilders Research Center, 20 Billion pounds of asphalt shingles are dumped into U.S. landfills every year. If those were loaded into 40,000 pound trailers and lined up end-to-end, they would make a line from New York City to Los Angeles, back to New York City and on to Chicago.
The recycled content of the steel in a metal roof is about 56% from production to installation to reuse. That is far superior to asphalt and a metal roof can often be installed over your current roof, without tearing off what’s already there.